AISC Mission and Values
We are committed to our Mission
Together we inspire a love of learning, empowering all students with the courage, confidence, creativity and compassion to make their unique contribution in a diverse and dynamic world.
We are committed to our Core Values
We believe that…
- Each person has equal intrinsic value, worthy of dignity and respect.
- We are responsible for our choices and their effect on ourselves, others and the environment.
- Being open to new ideas and challenging experiences enriches our lives.
- Mutual respect, trust and caring foster healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Embracing our diversity makes us a stronger community.
- In an interconnected world, our positive contributions to the community and the environment are essential.
- Individuals thrive in a nurturing environment that provides for their physical and emotional safety.
We are committed to our Vision for the AISC Learner
At AISC, successful learners are…
We show courage by taking action and inspiring others to serve and contribute positively to our interconnected world. Leaders develop a vision, plan appropriately, and work collaboratively to achieve results.
We develop a deeper understanding by listening carefully to others’ perspectives and confidently articulating personal viewpoints in the pursuit of common goals.
We approach uncertainty with confidence, designing novel solutions in the face of challenges or change. Innovators are creative, resourceful, open-minded and resilient, seeking new perspectives through inquiry, trial, error and feedback.
We investigate new interests with curiosity, inquiring with purpose, and seeking deeper understanding and fulfillment through independent pursuits.
We use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze and take responsible action on complex problems. We exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical, data-informed decisions.
We show responsibility for our choices and consider their effects on ourselves, others, and the environment. We act on our principles and ideals because we value the dignity of others.
We adapt to changing circumstances, balancing our commitments and showing courage as we take on new challenges. We seek new opportunities for learning, growth, and renewal.
We appreciate our own cultures and personal histories while respecting the values and traditions of others, believing each person has equal intrinsic value. We are sensitive to the needs of others and show compassion by making positive contributions to our local and global communities and the environment.
We demonstrate ongoing commitment to our endeavors by learning from our successes and failures in the positive pursuit of our objectives, goals, aspirations, and dreams. We practice patience and persistence in all situations, especially when they are challenging or uncomfortable.
We pause to think about our goals, learning, and growth in order to develop and sustain our creativity and lifelong learning. We review and examine our own ideas and experiences in relation to the world and consider our interdependence and impact on others.
We are committed to Internationalism
At AISC, we define Internationalism as:
- Possessing a strong sense of one’s own cultural identity.
- Respecting and valuing the differences of others.
- Learning about local, national, and global issues.
- Showing empathy for others and care for the world around us.
Therefore, as an international school, we are committed to:
- Incorporating other perspectives
- Seeking common learning experiences with all peoples.
- Finding enriching connections between cultures.
- Using exposure to language, history, and the arts to access diverse cultures.
- Working well with all
- Contributing through service.
- Reflecting about our thoughts and actions.