Welcome to the AISC's High School !
If you are a prospective student or parent, I hope you will find the information in these pages helpful in making the decision to join our community. If you are a current student or parent, I trust that the information you will find in these pages will enrich your experience at our school.
The high school years are a time of increasing independence and responsibility. Our primary goal at the high school at AISC is to help our students build a foundation for success in their post-secondary education and to prepare them to pursue fulfilling lives as adults. We seek to do this by:
- Presenting a challenging program of instruction leading to an accredited American High School Diploma, with the additional option of earning the International Baccalaureate Diploma or pursuing courses in the Advanced Placement program
- Ensuring that the school environment provides for the cognitive, emotional, social, aesthetic and physical development of our students.
- Providing a learning environment in which students explore, question, evaluate, and analyze information and ideas through active participation and collaboration in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- Helping students to develop an awareness and understanding of global issues and prepare for their roles as responsible global citizens.
- Offering a balanced course of study in English, Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, French or Spanish language, Fine Arts, Information Technology, Physical Education and Health.
- Encouraging students to pursue their interests through elective courses, independent studies and co-curricular activities.
Our philosophy is rooted in the liberal arts approach to education, which offers students the opportunity to explore and learn in all of the academic disciplines. We believe that our students thrive in an atmosphere of openness, participation and inquiry. We are committed to high standards of academic achievement, integrity and personal well-being. We seek to educate the whole child and encourage participation in co-curricular activities such as team and individual sports and the visual and performing arts. Our students learn responsible citizenship through active participation in the governance of the school and through engagement in purposeful community service.
We are a diverse community, with students from approximately 30 different countries. We are proud to celebrate our diversity as well as the deep, ancient and colorful culture of India. The cultural mélange we live every day enriches our lives and helps us all to develop our understanding of our shared humanity.
To build on our partnership with parents, we encourage you to be an active participant in your son or daughter’s education. Throughout the year, we encourage you to be in close contact with your student’s teachers and ensure that he or she comes to school prepared and on time each day. When questions or problems arise, never hesitate to contact us.