Field trips enhance learning and apply concepts through practical experiences by visiting local workshops, museums, markets and other related events out and about in Chennai. Field trips are used to enhance lessons or as culminating activities. Field trips offer opportunities for integrating learning between subject areas.
At least a week prior to taking students on a field trip, parents will be notified and asked to complete a permission slip. All students going out of field trips use the school provided transport to and from the field trip locations.
Elementary Classroom without Walls
As part of our Elementary School curriculum, we believe it is important for students to be given the opportunity to experience learning in the classroom as well as outside the classroom. Therefore, our students have a multiple opportunities to study in a classroom without walls; on field trips around Chennai, in Service Learning, a school sleepover for students in Grade 4, and a three night overnight stay for 5th Graders in Pondicherry.
5th Grade Classroom Without Walls (CWoW) provides students with a unique cultural, personal, interpersonal and environmental experience that they would not normally experience within the regular classroom walls. Students learn, reflect, and grow as individuals.
The aim of CWoW is to
- Develop greater self-management, independence, social skills and classroom/grade level relationships
- Enhance cultural sensitivity and provide authentic, direct exposure to India in order to nurture a better understanding and appreciation of Indian culture
- Foster a greater sense of both community and service by developing new connections as well as strengthen existing ones
- Increase respect for the environment, other individuals and different cultures
- To challenge students physically and mentally
- To prepare students for week long Week Without Walls programs in Middle School
- Take learning out of the school and into the real world
It is an expectation that all 5th Grade students participate in this program. The school covers the cost of the overnight Classroom Without Walls trips.
2018 - 19 Dates
- Dates for the 4th Grade School Sleepover - Friday 8 February 2019
- Dates for the 5th Grade Pondicherry trip -
2 classes Tuesday 18 - Friday 21 September 2018
2 classes Tuesday 25 - Friday 28 September 2018