Frequently Asked Questions
- Center for Disease Control Travel Advisories
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Johns Hopkins University: Global Cases by the Center of Systems Science and Engineering
Local Information (Central and State)
- Indian Ministry of Health and Welfare
- For daily updates from the Greater Chennai Corporation, see their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Learn How to Savor the Moment (verywellmind.com)
- Screen Time During the Coronavirus Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
- Maintaining a Positive Mood through Compassion (verywellmind.com)
- A Therapist’s Advice for Helping Pre-teens in a Coronavirus Lockdown (qz.com)
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults during the Coronavirus Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
- That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief (Harvard Business Review)
For more information on learning and FAQs for the 2020–2021 academic year, please click here.
Current Health Advice
- It is mandatory to wear a mask when leaving your home.
- Practice social distancing. Avoid all non-essential movement outside your home. Johns Hopkins University has published a helpful article explaining social distancing and how working to “flatten the curve” of the virus now is so important for protecting the healthcare system and its workers from overburden later on.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer products with +60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing household items like drinking glasses and eating utensils. Wash such items with soap and water between uses.
- Cover your mouth when coughing and using tissues. If tissues are unavailable, sneeze or cough into your elbow or sleeve, not your hand. Dispose of all tissues responsibly in a bin.
Use these activities to help support you and your families’ wellbeing during this time of social distancing.